Are you somebody who always wants to stay up to date with the latest technologies? Or maybe you’re searching for a gift for someone who is just impossible to shop for? Well then, you’re going to want to sneak a peak at these gadgets that could make your life — or the lives of those around you — a heck of a lot easier!
From convenient technologies to devices that can prevent disease or help the disabled, these items will surely come in handy some day — and now is the time to get them. So which of these 24 clever gadgets will make it on to your wish list?
1. Unico Futuristic Toothbrush: For those who really hate taking 2 minutes to brush your teeth in the morning, or perhaps those who can’t due to a disability, the Unico is here to help. You simply stick the mouth guard around your teeth, the bristles start rotating, and your mouth will be clean in mere seconds!
2. Anti-Snoring Mask: Not only does it give your eyes a rest, but this sleeping mask also notices when you begin snoring and sends subtle vibrations to stop it. You can set the level of vibrations and keep track of your sleeping habits when you connect the mask to your smartphone. Snooze on!
3. Hushme: This contraption around your face is not to keep your mouth shut; it simply makes sure no one can hear you talk… except whomever’s on the other side of your phone call. It’s designed to keep your calls private in public, so you don’t have to whisper in a bathroom stall anymore.
4. QUARTZ Bottles: This is definitely the smartest water bottle ever invented: it purifies water, it keeps liquids cold for 24 hours (and hot for 12), and, in just one minute, it cleans itself using the same technology used to sterilize medical facilities.
5. L’Oreal UV Sense: Finally, the skin product we all need! Except it’s actually an app. It measures your daily UV exposure, tells you when you should step into the shade, and relays how high your SPF should be that day.
6. Kerastase Hair Coach: This magic brush does way more than detangle your hair. It contains a microphone, which determines how dry or oily your hair is by the sound it makes when you brush it.
7. Retro-Bit Mega Table: Why get a regular old coffee table when you can get one that doubles as a giant Nintendo game controller? It connects to laptop and most other game consoles, and comes with detachable legs so it’s easy to move.
8. eSight: Arguably the most helpful and groundbreaking item on this list, this device allows the legally blind to see. The glasses are equipped with high-speed, high-definition cameras that relay the images seen to the user on two OLED screens in real time.
9. Ember mug and thermos: Getting your tea or coffee the perfect temperature is never easy. First, it’s too hot to sip, then, suddenly, it’s stone cold. Ember can be set to your ideal temperature and will keep your beverages at that temp until you’re finished drinking. Never waste another cup again!
10. The Avegant Glyph: Wow, what a name. The Glyph allows you to privately watch movies, internet clips, and TV shows. Supposedly, it gives you an experience similar to watching a 60″ TV from about 10 feet away.
11. Wair Air Filter Scarf: Sure, wearing it may make you look like you’re about to rob a bank, but this scarf is a really handy accessory. It monitors local air pollution and filters out 99% of pollutants, including pollen for those who are allergic. It even suggests travel routes with less pollution! Stay healthy and happy!
12. FIXD: This little gadget plugs right into your Onboard Diagnostics port, which you’ll find in any car produced after 1995. It runs diagnostics when your check engine light starts blinking and tells your phone exactly what the problem is. This means you can’t get ripped off by mechanics!
13. Solar Bikini: It’s not always easy to charge your devices at the beach, but with a swimsuit covered in solar panels, you don’t have to worry about any batteries dying. Whether it’s comfortable to wear is a different issue, but sometimes we must suffer to access our technology.
14. FoldiMate: We all know the worst part of doing laundry is having to fold everything afterward, but the FoldiMate can do it for you! Just indicate the type of garment you’re inserting, and the rest will sort itself. It can also steam and perfume your clothes!
15. Jagger & Lewis Smart Dog Collar: Want to know exactly how your dog feels? Now you can! This smart dog collar is equipped with an accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, microphone, and heat/light sensors. These allow the collar to monitor your dog’s activity, like eating, drinking, sleep, breathing and even stress levels.
16. TrackR: Speaking of keeping an eye on your pets, this tracking device can help you locate your cat, dog, phone, keys, wallet, backpack, and even your car. It connects to an app on any smartphone, so you can easily find your lost or stolen items (or very stubborn pets).
17. Silvon’s self-cleaning towels: The micro-fibers used in these towels are coated with silver, making the towel capable of eliminating up to 99% of bacteria all on its own. It can even help prevent acne!
18. UZER Eugene Smart Trash Can: This scanner for your garbage bin can help you recycle and make your next grocery list! You simply scan the barcode for the item you’re about to eat, and it’ll tell you what nutrients you’re going to ingest.
19. The TRONO Chair: This inflatable chair folds up into a tiny backpack, and you don’t need a pump or a whole lot of breath to fill it with air. You simply wave it around and it inflates, making it an easy way to sit comfortably anywhere you want.
20. Hubble Hugo: This little guy may seem a bit creepy, especially given that it can read facial expressions and emotions. But it’s helpful because it can turn in any direction and recognize unfamiliar faces in case of a break in. Would you feel safer with it?
21. Upright: Although this device may seem creepy at first, it’s actually quite helpful and good for your back. It tracks your posture and reminds you to sit or stand up straight when you start to slouch.
22. Sensorwake: It seems that no matter what kind of alarm clock you have, you’re never happy when it goes off, but Sensorwake might change that. You can insert different scented pods into the alarm so you’re woken up by smells like coffee, pancakes, flowers, and yes, even freshly printed money!
23. Sitpack ZEN: Standing for long periods of time is not always easy on your spine or legs. Now, when you’re at a festival, waiting in a long line, or even riding crowded public transportation, you can pop a squat by leaning on this foldable seat. You may look a little silly, but everyone else will feel silly when their backs hurt later.
24. The Oombrella: While it’s cool this umbrella changes color when it rains, it can do so much more than that. It can predict the weather, remind you of rain when you forget it, and protect you from UV rays on sunny days as well.
25. You’ve got the power! Don’t panic if your phone reaches 1 percent when you’re nowhere near an outlet. The Epiphany One Puck, the fanciest coaster you’ll ever see, uses energy given off by a hot or cold beverage to put power straight into your personal device.
26. Though it looks like a car, this vehicle more closely resembles a four-wheel bicycle. Its frame and shape allows the driver to traverse any kind of terrain, even snow or rocky hills. It also makes for a great way to spice up your commute.
Facebook / Pod Ride
27. This is the BioBus, a “mobile lavatory'” that turns human waste into fuel. But you probably won’t spot these vehicles on every street corner. They’re more for educational purposes than actual transportation.
28. The average plastic bottle takes 450 years to decompose, which is bad news for us. Luckily, scientists are developing all-natural plastics made out of algae. They retain their form while they still hold water, and immediately start to break down once empty.
29. What’s so impressive about this four-story building, you ask? Well, workers constructed it in a single day. Chinese company BROAD is introducing all kinds of eco-friendly innovations, and this quick building model is perhaps their most impressive product.
30. Nobody has time to cook a full breakfast anymore. That’s why people are going crazy for this egg boiler, which cooks a delicious batch of hard-boiled eggs in just a few minutes. It also doesn’t hurt that it looks like a cryogenic chamber from a sci-fi movie!
31. Could flat tires become a thing of the past? Michelin released an airless tire that can easily drive over bumps and curbs, and it will never lose its firmness. They haven’t debuted a version for automobiles yet, but it’s likely only a matter of time.
32. Old-fashioned steel horseshoes will wear out the animal’s joints over time. Fortunately, plastic alternatives have hit the market, and these products make for much easier removal. Soon, we’ll only use metal horseshoes for the lawn game.
33. If you live in a cramped apartment, this product could be a godsend. Laid horizontally, the surface functions as a perfect ironing board. Flipped 90 degrees, however, it turns into a full-length mirror!
34. This is not your normal vending machine. This state-of-the-art pizza automat will bake a fresh personal pizza of your choosing, all in a mere two and a half minutes. You can hum ‘That’s Amore’ to yourself while you wait!
Reddit / mugentsu
35. Ever mix up your luggage with a stranger’s at the airport? That problem will become a thing of the past once you get a custom suitcase with your face printed across the front. Nobody will ever mistakenly grab your bag again — unless you have an identical twin.
36. Plenty of pooches hate going out in bad weather. However, they don’t even have to know that it’s raining cats and dogs outside thanks to this inverted pet umbrella. It might not keep you dry, but hey, you can’t win ’em all.
37. We’ve been dripping liquid down the sides of our cups since the dawn of time. Who knew the solution was so simple? This drip-proof cup protects your table with a groove along the base, which will collect any drops of coffee or tea.
38. Oftentimes, innovation isn’t about coming up with a new idea; it’s about combining two previously unrelated ideas. These genius librarians gave students a healthy way to study by hooking up their computers to treadmills!
39. Goldfish fans shouldn’t feel jealous that dog owners get all the fun of toting their pet around town. Thanks to this portable aquarium, you can bring your fishy friend to work, to the mall, or to a sushi restaurant! Actually, that last one might make the fish uncomfortable.
40. The traditional spork sounds good in theory but makes for a frustrating meal chock full of dropped food. This spoon-fork hybrid, on the other hand, truly offers the best of both worlds. You can have your cake and eat it, too, and then have some soup!
Reddit / MarshieMon
41. Why fight a fire up close when there are safer (and more fun) options available? These fire extinguisher grenades can put out most infernos in the blink of an eye. Hopefully, you’ll never have to use one, but it does look like a pretty good time!
42. Are you one of those people who always has to run to the bathroom during a movie? Meet your dream theater. They equipped their bathroom stalls with monitors so that you’ll never miss an important scene ever again.
Imgur / mugentsu
43. Camping in a tent is so old-school. This specialized air mattress transforms the back of your car into a comfy bed. You’ll sleep soundly in there, plus you’ve got temperature control and access to all your music.