For many families, the first baby they’ll ever have is the furry, four-legged kind. Your dog becomes a part of the family like it’s your child, and you shower it with attention and love.
But when it’s time to bring a human child into your home, you don’t always know if your dog will react well. After all, it’s time for them to share the spotlight and the affection with something that is completely foreign to them and cries all night!
Here are a few families who experienced this dilemma, and saw some very interesting results…
1. “What is this thing? Why is it so loud? It’s not even cute like a puppy would be. It’s hairless. Ew. And it won’t stop squirming.”
2. “He may cry a lot, but don’t worry, I still like him. You don’t have to worry. I can’t handle things this time!”
3. “Oh boy, I don’t know if we’re ready for this, Sharon. I really like my sleep, and this little lady looks like she’s interested in interrupting that on a regular basis.”
4. “This thing is weird. Why isn’t it walking around or talking? And why does it smell so funny? This is the strangest puppy I’ve ever met.”
5. “All right, I know I had my reservations when they arrived, but I have to admit, they’re growing on me. Plus, they like napping as much as I do!”
6. “He’s so cuuuuuuute. I mean, just look at him there, sleeping so peacefully. Could there be a better sight in this world?”
7. “I know I had my doubts, but now that I’m snuggled in, I have to admit: This thing is actually kinda comfy. I might just have a life-long snuggle buddy right here.”
8. It’s really a win-win. The baby gets a comfy sleeping spot, and his canine companion gets a warm little heater to keep him cozy and comfortable.
9. They’ve been like this for hours. Ye who disturbs them will incur the wrath of an angry pug and a crying baby.
10. Wrinkles on wrinkles. What could be cuter than this? That’s one protective pup of his newborn sibling. What a good big brother!
11. “I know we’re extremely cute and it’s hard to look away, but stop staring, Dad. We’re having a moment.”
12. “Brother? This little thing without hair? I mean, I guess, if you insist…”
13. “So this is our life now? I could get used to this.”
14. I think these two are going to get along just great.
15. It’s almost like some kind of adorable nativity scene.
16. Mommy loved him first, but now they get to love each other as they grow together.
17. “I love you.”
18.”She can stay.”
19. Time for some smooches!
20. “This thing smells funny.”
22. They’re going to argue over who was born first for the rest of their lives.
23. That kid’s face really says it all.
24. “Ok. This baby can stay.”
25. Protection at its finest.
26. This guy has found his happy place.
27. “Can we keep the dog?”
28. “How come she gets a cuter outfit than me, mom?”
Dogs can be your baby’s first and best friend, but they should be introduced properly to avoid any aggressive behavior. Here are a few great tips to make sure your baby and your dog are introduced the right way so they can be best friends forever!
Share these adorable future BFFs with your friends below, and help spread the cuteness!